Monday, November 24, 2008

Keep Your Nose Clean

The past week has seen a rainstorm of legal papers rain down upon me and my little label in a bully tactic from a major label claiming I was honing in on their territory. Well, we assessed our situations and our legal defense fund of $544 and one lawyer that owes me a major favor and a father who wors for free and decided to amount the fastest...swiftest..most hellaicious retreat defense and cotowed to every single demand. It isn't never a matter of right or wrong in these things, it is a matter of do I want to spend the next 5 years obsessing about it. So, my newest record is a collectors item. as there are now probably 15 in existance out there - yes, even agree to the order to destroy - sledge hammer meet CDs in my driveway - that was cathartic.

On an equally distressing note, just caught 4 students cheating on my last exam. I don't want to go into details how I know, but if you saw the evidence, you would be stunned that the brazen stupidity of these acts. Now I have to go through the process of busting them and turning them over to the Judicial Affairs folks. I hate this part of teaching more than anhything - it is a violation of the trust of give these kids everyday on the deepest level - come be yourself, try to be your best self, stand behind what you do - and to get this, renches my heart. Fun day in education land.

No comments: